Distractions and how to AVOID!
Have you ever caught yourself on your phone, laptop, or watching TV for longer than you anticipated? Or better yet, have you caught yourself admiring someone like a celebrity, or even someone you may know closely, wishing you had what they had? Or you may even be trying to save to buy some product that you feel will make you admired, or make you feel that you are “following the fashion trends” because everyone else is doing it? Well this post is for you, because well my friend you are indeed 99.9% DISTRACTED. Life has a funny way of doing that to you, and today I will write about some of the popular distractions that I am sure you have become a victim to some way, shape, and/ or form in your life.
First, SOCIAL MEDIA
Well there is no surprise here AT ALL! Social media has taken over pretty much everyones lives both positive and negative. Social media I find does help people keep up with friends and family, but I also feel it makes us loose the sense of what is happening within our own daily lives. The word I am trying to reference is REALITY! I mean think about it? We are ALL on social media DAILY talking to friends, or posting that hot photo that we couldn’t wait to post. Now, its so easy to follow our favorite celebrities like never before. Trying to keep up and ADMIRE what they may have and what you don’t. Stating this, I find it makes people want to be like someone else at times. Social media has gave us the distraction that makes us feel we have to post ANY and EVERYTHING just so we can show off to our viewers. I as MANY of YOU can fall into this category.
Overall, I find social media is broken down into THREE categories such as: 1)You have us bloggers, and business owners like myself using these social media channels for work and research purposes. 2) You have people truly on these channels for friends and family. 3) You have people just on social media for ABSOLUTELY no REASON at ALL, and they typically just want to be herd by ANY body that they possibly can get to listen.
Solutions of limited you distractions from social media!
1) Limit your time to 20-30mins per day to scroll through all your messages, liking of photos, promoting, ETC.
2) DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT! Wake up first thing in the morning and let social media take over your life. If you would like some new morning routine tips on how you can start your morning off right click HERE!
3) Do not be so consumed by social media that you forget to enjoy the wonderful life that you have been blessed with. Just remember when it comes to social media its ultimate goal is to DISTRACT, and YOUR ultimate goal is to learn how to not let it consume your life in a negative way.
Phones, Phones, and more phones. This is the ultimate distraction.. WHY? Because it is the HOST of the all the distractions you could EVER have in your HAND at ALL times. It is created to be our alarm clocks, iPods, TV, internet and social media and more. So now I will list a few solutions to not make your smartphone so DISTRACTING.
Solutions to keep you smart phone usage under control
1)Limit yourself to what you do on your phone daily. Try to not consume yourself to it as much as possible.
2)Also, because this is the MAIN HOST if all technology distractions you can check out my starting your morning off strong blog post by clicking the link.
3) Instead of using your smartphone for EVERYTHING, try buying an actual alarm clock. (TRUST ME you will thank me later!).
4) Limit your usage for Netflix, Hulu, games, social media, ETC. as staying on these types of apps for LONG periods of time will extremely over work your eyes. Stating this, I would try to watch these apps on an actual television and/ or laptop.
5) Challenge yourself to go at least 20-30 mins a day with out using your phone. You will be surprised at how much this makes you feel less stressed, and will lower anxiety levels.
Now that we have covered the technology side of DISTRACTIONS, let’s talk about PEOPLE. We come across MILLIONS of people in our daily lives whether they are family, friends, acquaintances, or simply just STRANGERS. Stating this, we always need to realize that just because some one is nice to you, or you feel they are truly there for you, you need to be able to differentiate the real from the fake. There are MANY great people in this world, and I am truly thankful for those that I have had the wonderful opportunity to come across thus far. They have given me the opportunity to see and experience genuinely helpful, and caring people who want to see you succeed, just as much as YOU want them to succeed! Thanks to MANY of those wonderful people, I would not probably be where I am today.
Sadly, just as much as I would LOVE for there to just be good people in this world, you will run into some of those snakes in the grass. These negative people are just here to ride along the way because they see you can potentially offer them something in return if you succeed. But at the same time, they will also be NO WHERE to be found if you fail. These negative people are not your true friends, or trying to make your life any EASIER, and TRUST when I say that they are distracting because they will USE and ABUSE until you stop them. Honestly, I can go ON and ON about this because I have had to loose a few people in my life whom I thought was my TRUE friend. But now that I no longer talk to these people, I see that they were just a DISTRACTION because they seen my worth, and they weren’t truly supporting me like true friends should.
Solutions to help good people meet good people
1) First, I feel it is important to not automatically give people the FRIEND title to QUICKLY. If you just met someone, give it a couple month, or better yet however LONG you feel it right to see peoples TRUE COLORS.
2) Do not be NAIVE
3) Do not be desperate in finding friends
4) BE YOU! Because if you are being yourself 99.9% you are going to attract good people like yourself.
There are SOOO many distractions in life, and the sad part is , it is taking over many peoples lives daily. It is important to realize social media, smartphones, ETC. are built to waste time, and distract you. Stating this, it is IMPORTANT you find a BALANCE with your technology as I know you will find your life benefiting from that. Also, when it comes to dealing with people DAILY, remember to just BE YOU! Do not change for anybody. Remember that everyone is not out there to be helpful, or be your friend as sad as that sounds. I hope you all enjoyed this post as I had a fun time writing it!